Let’s see what’s in your Forest!
Let’s Plan things in your Forest!
Over 70 people responded to our recent Stronafian Community Forest Survey. It is now time to shape and plan the development of our forest.
We have appointed a consultancy firm to help us produce a development plan. Together we need to form a group whose input will determine the content of the plan, a plan that enables the community to be involved from the very start.
Members of this Focus Group will:
• Be planning new access in the Forest to discover our hidden heritage. We will be working alongside Archaeology Scotland and the Argyll and Bute Council Access team. Learn new skills in path survey, archaeological conservation and fundraising.
• Planning Woodland Crofts, helping to set the criteria for and select potential crofters.
• Take a lead role in where we might want to situate a community wind turbine if the feasibility study is positive.
• Become wildlife wardens. Help to plan and develop a sustainable environment for our very special wildlife. Learn to develop wildlife corridors and build nature hides.
• Plan the development for activities in the Community Forest, such as cycle paths, picnic areas and other suggestions from the survey.
On Friday 13th September we are holding an open evening with the consultant to look at maps, plans and proposals
Be proactive; get involved with your Community Forest development. Come to a welcome evening where we can discuss plans and show you where we can work together. Receive a warm welcome, soup and homemade refreshments.
At the Colintraive village hall, Friday 13th September 6pm-8pm